Managing the purchasing department of the 21st Century is not an easy task. Today's global economy makes the purchasing function increasingly complicated. In this course, we will explore how to manage the various suppliers that may be located thousands of kilometers from your plant while achieving real cost savings. Furthermore, we will discover how the purchasing department fits into the overall function of the supply chain operation. Lastly, we will cover how the purchasing department should be managed properly to achieve all of its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
This course uses a mixture of interactive learning tools such as round table discussions, role-playing, case studies, individual and team exercises.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· Define the strategic role of the purchasing department
· Perform accurate supplier evaluation
· Develop effective negotiation strategies with all suppliers
· Explain the importance of value analysis to purchasing
· Evaluate the performance of the department using proper KPIs
· Improve the efficiency of the purchasing department
Buyers, senior buyers, purchasing supervisors, purchasing managers and all other personnel who need to understand the purchasing function.
· Strategic purchasing operations
· Item value analysis
· Departmental management
· Purchasing ethics
· Supplier evaluation
Please contact us if you have any questionContact Us
Fill the form below and the full course content will be sent to you