The fact is that Excel is the accountant's, finance and business professional's best friend. Companies everywhere are overwhelmed by the abundance of unstructured and unclean data. Monthly, quarterly and annual closings are immensely data driven and require moving and exporting data from 'ERPs' and databases to Excel. This hands-on course will advance your data massaging, modeling, integration and automation skills to new levels. You will also master normalization and massaging of noisy data, preparation of reports, analysis and reconciliation.
This is an Excel-based course allowing you to develop an exclusive level of expertise and adding immediate value to your job and company.
20% of the course is ‘design and structure’ focused while 80% uses MS Excel as a powerful tool to perform daily, monthly and periodic tasks. Groups and individuals will be required to complete exercises, case studies, and projects on a daily basis.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
Business, finance and accounting professionals, senior and junior accountants, business analysts, research professionals, marketing and sales professionals, administrative staff, supervisors, general business professionals and staff from any function who need to learn and apply state-of-the-art techniques to their daily business reporting, reconciliations, and analysis.
This is a hands-on training course using laptops, participants are required to bring their own laptops with a fully working version of Microsoft Excel 2013/2016.
Data massaging: tools and techniques
· Reporting, analysis and reconciliations using pivot tables
· Modeling and integration techniques
· Perform 'what-if' analysis using spinner
· Check box data modeling with 'if' function
· Option button data modeling with 'if' function
· List box data modeling with 'Choose' function
· Linking Excel with text files
· Linking Excel with databases (Access)
· Linking Excel with multiple Excel files and SQL
· Linking Excel with internet
· Linking Excel with Excel
· Scenario manager
· Introduction to learning the ultimate tool in Excel: ''Macros''
· Macro basics
· Planning a macro
· Designing your control board
· Recording macro
· Testing macro
· Editing macro
· Macro workshops
· Advanced filter with macro
Tips and tricks in Excel
|10 - 12 Jan, 2023|
|07 - 09 Mar, 2023|
|17 - 19 Apr, 2023|
|02 - 04 May, 2023|
|26 - 28 Jun, 2023|
|03 - 05 Jul, 2023|
Fill the form below and the full course content will be sent to you